Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scary Stuff!



Ahhhh Labor Day Weekend. Long weekend for most of us, Bill (my husband) wanted to close the pool down. "NOOOOOO," that means it really is close to my Nemesis - winter. However even closer to my favorite time of year - fall. Although originally from Iowa, our family moved to Arizona when I was three. I moved back to Iowa in 1976. After growing up seeing nothing but 865 shades of brown, I and am amazed every year in October, when the trees start to turn. With all of the rain and rain and rain we have had this year - the colors should be vibrant. I really don't want summer to end, yet.
To get ready for the Fall, I found these wonderful Trick or Treat bags to make. I made Mr Frankenstein for my sweet little grandson, Brody and then made one of each for my BF Mary's grand kids. The pattern is in October's issue of Quilters World.

3 comments:

  1. Cute Halloween bags! Nice quilts also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice bags, Jeri! Those will be fun for the kiddies to carry for Trick or Treat, or use on other occasions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bags! I am sad that winter is on its way. I'll be in denial with you.

    ReplyDelete