Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love to quilt! Below are a few of the quilts I have made in the last year

For my friend LaRae - this was a quilt I saw a picture of on the internet. I loved it so much I knew I had to make it. I put the design on Excel and my sister Kim helped me in putting it together. The quilter, Michelle Pettorini did a wonderful job using an original design in the large white swaures. Her quilting made the quilt very special!!!




This quilt is my first quilt. It was for my friend Shari. Shari bought a couple of hundred raffle tickets for a quilt. It was raffled during Relay for Life - made in honor of one of our co-workers, John. When she won the quilt - she gave the quilt to John's family. I knew Shari would love these colors!
I made the same quilt for my best friend Mary - Mary loves blue and white -so why did I choose purple and green? Hmmmmm - because I LOVED IT! There is an error in this quilt. My sister Kim told me that it makes it unique - and the only one that has perfection is GOD!
~ Mary still hasn't found it~
This quilt was for my son's fiance, Kristy - who loved the colors!





And this one for my dear sister Rene'





Mt grandaughter wanted a new quilt for her new room in North Carolina. Black and White for her black, white and hot pink bedroom. This one is a disappearing 9 patch.

(My quilter Michelle Pettorini from Urbandale, IA, quilted all of the above quilts for me)











2 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful. I really like your log cabin and star's quilts. - Terry in Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts - you have a real touch for lights and darks.

    ReplyDelete