Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quilting and Kim


I have only been quilting for about 1 1/2 years. I decided to start quilting when my younger sister Kim survived breast cancer. She is a survivor of a little over 5 years. Kim LOVES to quilt and quilts often with a group of friends, 'The Batting Buds.' Kim and I live in the same city about 30 minutes away from each other. But we let life get in our way of spending time together. Kim taught me how to do the basics of quilting. And I have caught the bug! Now Kim and I have quilting in common. Funny how quilting (and cancer) can change your life for the better. I love my sister Kim!.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to have a wonderful sis like Kim. I'm so proud of her for introducing you to quiltmaking. You're a couple of sisters I am very happy to know. Have fun with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete